LEED v4 - Are You Ready? Two-Part Webinar Series Announced
Originally published: 10.01.13 by HVACR Business Staff
ROYERFORD, PA – LEED v4 is here. Make sure you're ready. Join us for this two-part live webinar series that will focus on the newest LEED rating system and what it means for you, your customers, your products, and your supply chain. Our series will provide you with the understanding you need to prepare your organization and capitalize on LEED v4.
Part 1: Fundamentals of LEED v4
Date: Thursday, October 10, at 2:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Duration: 1.5 hours
Presenter: Jeremy Kuhre, Sustainable Buildings and Operation Manager, Sustainaqble Solutions Corporation
Three years of development, six public comment periods, and plenty of heated debate. LEED v4 has finally been approved and will "go live" this November at Greenbuild in Philadelphia. We have created this webinar to help you to gain a clear understanding of how LEED is changing and the direction in which it is going. This informative webinar will focus on the BD+C rating system changes and will cover the following areas:
- LEED v3 vs. LEED v4: Side-by-Side Comparison
- LEED v4 Timeline
- Integrative Process
- Location and Transportation
- Sustainable Sites: Site Assessment, Rainwater Management, and Light Pollution Reduction
- Water Efficiency: Water Metering and Cooling Tower Water Use
- Energy and Atmosphere: New Standards, BECx, and Demand Response
- Materials and Resources: Overview of Significant Changes
- Indoor Environmental Quality: Low-emitting Products, Acoustic Performance
Part 2: Materials and Resource Credits - Uncharted Waters
Date: Thursday, October 17, at 2:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Duration: 1 hour
Presenter: Jim Mellentine, LCA Manager, Sustainaqble Solutions Corporation & Annie Bevan, Certificaiton Analyst, GreenCircle Certified, LLC
This webinar will help answer your vital questions you have - whether as a manufacturer determining how your products can contribute to earning MR credits on LEED projects, or as a LEED or industry professional learning how to navigate the new language and select materials to earn MR credits. Based on Sustainable Solution Corporation's and GreenCircle Certified's product and industry expertise, this webinar will look to answer the following questions:
- Whole Building Impact Reduction: Life Cycle Assessments have just hit mainstream in sustainability circles; now how can your products help achieve a whole building LCA credit? Case Study: What does a whole building LCA look like?
- Product Disclosure and Optimization: What is an Environmental Product Declaration, and how can it help builders and architects achieve LEED credits? What is the value of single and multi-attribute third-party certification, and what MR credits can these certifications contribute to in the new LEED v4?
- Material Ingredient Disclosure: There has been a lot of discussion surrounding the USGBC's stance on Chemicals of Concern. What is a Health Product Declaration? What does material disclosure mean for your products?
- Construction and Demolition Waste Management: There is a proliferation of waste diversion claims in the market. What is the requirement for LEED projects to achieve the C&D Waste Management credit?