WaterFurnace introduces energy-efficient heat pump
Originally published: 07.31.12 by HVACR Business Staff
WaterFurnace International announced the launch of its 7 Series, which represents breakthroughs in energy efficiency, integrated technologies, communication capabilities and comfort, according to the company.
The 7 Series 700A11 is the first variable capacity geothermal unit available for homeowners and the only unit to surpass both 41 energy efficiency ratio (EER) and 5.3 coefficient of performance (COP), the company says. This represents efficiencies twice that of traditional air conditioners or heat pumps and 30 percent greater than current geothermal units, the company adds.
Incorporating the company’s InfiniSpeed technology, a soft-start variable capacity compressor, in concert with a variable speed ECM blower and variable speed loop pump, the unit scales output to exactly the level needed rather than the “high” or “low” speeds found in normal systems. The unit can ramp down to 20 percent of normal operation for ultra-efficient conditioning or up to 130 percent output using SuperBoost, for periods when extra cooling is needed. The capacity range is the industry’s widest and can even eliminate the need for auxiliary heat.
The 7 Series also uses Aurora, the company’s next-generation of logic boards, to continuously monitor and optimize operation. Aurora provides a platform of two-way communication between components, robust troubleshooting capabilities and advanced communication protocols. This includes integration to home automation networks and whole-home energy monitoring, and an internet connection to monitor and control the unit from anywhere in the world.
Other design features include:
- Electronic expansion valves employed for optimal refrigerant control.
- The industry’s only unit available with true energy monitoring.
- The only variable capacity geothermal unit to integrate with system zoning.
- Online remote monitoring and control.
- Quiet performance, as most operation will be done at a lower compressor speed.
- Advanced hot water generation to preheat water and deliver it to a home’s hot water heater.
- Sophisticated microprocessor that controls and monitors heat pump conditions and determines when there is excess heat available to route to the water heater.
- Aurora Interface Diagnostic port, which allows service and diagnosis of the unit without having to open it – an industry first.
For more information: www.waterfurnace.com.
Articles by HVACR Business Staff
5 Tips for Finding and Buying the Right Policy
These five tips can help you find the right insurance for your particular small business structure, business activity and risk level.
RectorSeal Acquires Novent
RectorSeal has acquired the total assets of Novent Cap LLC, Yorba Linda, Calif.
Testo Announces the "2013 Ultimate Contractor Collection Giveaway"
Testo, Inc. has announced its “2013 Ultimate Contractor Collection Giveaway."
Tecumseh Announces Big Chill2 Condensing Unit Promotion
The company’s 2013 Big Chill2 Condensing Unit Promotion will run May 1 to August 31, 2013.
Mitsubishi Electric Appoints Shuji Morisaki as Senior VP, GM
Mitsubishi Electric announced that Shuji Morisaki will step in as senior vice president, general manager.